Fungal diseases (mycoses) are caused by harmful micro-organisms – the fungi. The fungus of the skin on the feet and other parts of the body that bears the name of the moth and takes the second place on prevalence. Despite the fact that in the world there are many types of micro-organisms and fungal cause the fungus that some.
Infection by the fungus of the skin of the feet
There are three fungal group, which are capable of causing a fungal infection of the nails and skin of the feet:
- transmitted by the tactile contact with an infected person, does not affect the human skin;
- occurs in humans and in animals;
- candida – the yeast-like fungi.
Infestation of the legs may occur directly or indirectly. In the first case, this occurs through contact with infected soil, the plant or by contact with an ill person or a pet. When the indirect route of infection occurs during the provision of care to a sick person or animal through the objects of care.
Some people are more susceptible to fungal infections, because there are factors that increase the risk of infection by the fungus. In an at-risk group are:
- the children – they have a thin skin with immature security mechanisms;
- people with a weak immune system – the body weakened almost not resistant to fungi;
- people nerve, and disorders of the endocrine system – change in the functioning of these systems leads to low immunity;
- people with infectious diseases, chronic nature, also reduce the defense mechanisms of the body and reduce;
- people with increased sweating of the feet – innate or acquired as a result of certain diseases or wear shoes that are of very poor quality;
- changes in the composition of the sweat of the mushrooms sweat in the environment are the properties and the pathogens that cause fungal infections.
Fungal diseases stop
To this day, the doctors are fungal diseases:
This disease as athlete affects the skin of the feet and nails of the plate. You can take it out in public places such as a sauna, steam bath, gym. To store and transmit the pathogen, athlete can, towels, washcloths, thermometers, sponges, mats, sportinventar', machine common. This disease are more vulnerable to older men over the age of 45. Increased sweating promotes the development of this fungus.
Rubromikoz, and is caused by a fungus, Trichophyton and passed through the sponges for the bath, washcloths, socks, and shoes provided to the patient, sportinventar ' and other household items. With age, the risk of shock Trichophyton increases, children and adolescents rarely fall sick this type of fungal infection. In the group of risk includes the athletes, visitors, the public swimming pools, miners, employees of saunas and baths, the people who work in the workshops of hot production.
The fungus of the latter species is more rare than the reform of the disease. The micro-organisms related to the genus Candida, are present in the human body, always in the standard are not capable of causing an infection. However, by reducing the immune protection are transformed into malicious and causes a fungal disease. The organisms Candida penetrate into the human organism from food (e.g., pork, cheese, yogurt, and others), as well as with the surface of the parts of which it is question.
The fungal infection candida depends on the following factors:
- the ability of developing diseases of the nails and the skin of a species of micro-organisms, fungal;
- a reduction in immune defences of the body, which is caused by common infectious diseases, cancer diseases, Aids, etc;
- the presence of damaged areas of the skin caused by injury or by the action of the fluids, harsh chemical;
- high-grade mushroom to the inside, for example, in a confectionery shop in.
The symptoms of fungal infections
Athlete and rubromikoz of the skin of the feet spend almost the same and have similar symptoms. We distinguish the forms of the disease:
- disgidroticheskaya, caused by the violation of the secretion of the sweat glands;
- intertriginous, reminiscent of diaper rash on the skin;
- onychomycosis (nail fungus), which is divided into atrophic, hypertrophic, normotroficheskie.
Often, patients suffer from a combination of different forms of fungal infections, that is why the classification is conventional.
The form of fungal infections has another name – squamous. Immediately, the disease strikes a stop and, with time, move on to the second. First of all, on the skin produced slight redness, which in the future begins to grow and take off. Some clients have itching sensation, but not all. There are cases where the patient does not worry, and it is not addressed to specialists.
When disgidroticheskaya form of fungus in the upper part of the foot, you receive a large number of bubbles with a diameter of 0,2-0,8 see after a certain time, the small bubbles merge into larger, and then burst. Instead of the bubbles appear erosion. The next step in the process of the formation of bubbles and erosions extends over the entire surface of the foot (top, sides, bottom). Burst the bubbles form a large erosion and diaper rash. The affected area of the skin itchy and cause pain in the patient. The progressive erosion starts to peel off.
If you do not start the timely treatment of the fungus, it begins with a bacterial infection. In this case, the liquid in the bubbles becomes cloudy, and with time transforms into a purulent content. The patient notes significant skin redness and swelling, a strong painful sensation. The body temperature of the patient increases. This form of fungus is characterised by a longer duration. For the period of illness, there is a temporary improvement and relapses. It is to be noted that this type of fungal infection hits a foot.
The launch of the fungus can pass from one form to another, for example disgidroticheskaya in scaly, or vice-versa.
Intertriginous athlete and trichophytosis meet most often. This form of yeast infections may develop itself, or occurs on a background of snowflakes of the disease. First of all, the disease is localized between the fourth and the fifth fingers on the leg. Sometimes, between the third and the fourth.
The main symptom of this form, yeast infections are cracks of white around the bezel, which represents loose surface layers of the skin. The space between the fingers wet. The patient feels a sensation of burning and itching at the site of the lesion. With the time, on the site of the defeat appear painful erosion. In most cases, intertriginous form of yeast infection is chronic, reducing the events in the cold period of the year and the sharpening of hot. Gradually, the skin becomes loose and weakened. Immune mechanisms are down, and the body becomes more vulnerable to the streptococci. This leads to purulent inflammations of the skin, which are accompanied by a swelling, painful sensations, and of the increase of the temperature.
The defeat of the fungal infection of the nails of the fingers and of the feet bears the name of the onychomycosis (see photo). First of all hit the free edge of the nail plate – there are yellow spots and bands.
There are three types of onychomycosis:
- hypertrophic – the dead, the nails become thicker and acquire the color yellow. The nail plate is easy to crumble, the skin underneath is also prone to flaking;
- atrophic – the nail plate becomes thinner and thinner, and below it is rough to the epidermis.
- normotroficheskie – caused by the mold micro-organisms fungal and develops on the background of other forms of fungal infections. In the process of the disease of the nail can be painted in green, black, yellow, or brown. In some cases, this type of onychomycosis is complicated by the purulent inflammation.
Candidiasis are surprised to interdigital areas of the foot. There are yeasts of the erosion, and the skin swells and becomes red. On the edges of the affected areas is observed on the bezel of the dead cells of the epidermis. They can also be small bubbles or ulcers.
The treatment of mycosis of the feet
The first signs and symptoms of the fungal infection of any kind, it is necessary to visit the dermatologist.
For the treatment to be effective, it is essential to ask a qualified technician, who will identify the formation of mold, which struck the foot. Of the species of pathogenic fungus depends on than to treat it.
The physician must assign a comprehensive treatment that includes several medicines for the fungal infection of the skin. The complex should include the following medications:
- the exterior of the tool of downy mildew (ointments, creams, varnishes, etc, against fungal diseases);
- of drugs against the fungal infection of the skin, which are fighting effectively against fungal infections;
- antihistamines, relieve itching;
- for vitamins and minerals, medicines to improve immunity;
- the antibacterial agents (only in case of bacterial origin).
If the shape of the fungus on the skin is not very dilapidated, the doctor may prescribe outside the anti-fungal broad spectrum of action. These drugs act on the various etiologies of fungal infections and reduce the likelihood of recidivism.
If the lesion is localized between the fingers, the ointment of the fungus is applied on the cleansed skin once a day. The treatment lasts for 7-10 days and ends when the symptoms of the fungus completely lost.
In the case of a lesion of the skin of the sole of the pre-made curative pedicure to remove all of the epidermis rough. Hardware pedicure, you can make specialists, or you-even at home. In the latter case, you should use compresses and wraps with salicylic acid. To do this, you need to make a foot bath with baking soda and soap. With parboiled skin need to remove the layer rough and cut dead nail. It is important to recycle the cuticles and trimmed nails, as well as after the use of deal to tool, because through all of this spreads the fungus.
Crying fungal infections can be lubricated zelenkoy, with a solution of boric acid or medical blue. During the execution of the forms of corticosteroids are used the tools of the mold.
Before you apply it on the affected area at one time or another tool to mold, you must remove the inflammatory process and remove the dead particles. After the application of the foam, gel, spray or ointment for the fungus does not need the washing of the feet in a period of 24 hours, in order not to wash the protective layer, created by the drug.
The therapy of fungal infection of the skin on the toes, as well as nails gives greater efficiency and cost to the patient is significantly less expensive than the treatment of their relapse.