Onychomycosis — an infectious disease affecting the nail and surrounding tissue. Usually, stimulants are disease-causing microbes. The contamination can occur in crowded places with high levels of moisture: on the beach, in the bath, in the sports complex. This comes from the fact that for the life of mushrooms need a damp environment.
Nail fungus — is not only the lack of aesthetic appeal. It is a dangerous pathology, that during the detection must be processed as quickly as possible: of launched its shape, to get rid of a lot more difficult.
Types and symptoms
The main steps of the event on the basis of types of fungi:
- The initial phase of nail fungus is recognized by the defeat of the spores from the nail plate and gradually spread to the surrounding tissue. In the composition of the nail between the keratin, which create for the activity of pathogenic micro-organisms. After infection by the fungus may be noted from the outset. Only after some time on the nail to produce barely perceptible change of tint, form, bright, stripes, and spots. Subsequently, the nail plate acquires a grayish color. The affected areas begin to collapse, the diseased tissues.
- With the time, in the middle of the nail, you may notice yellow stains.
- The penetration of yeast fungi in the nail to change its structure: it begins strongly to turn yellow and acquires a wavy shape, breaks down, and is refined obviously. When the nail of a roll strongly thickened.
- Mould fungi change the shade of the nail is not only yellow, but green-blue, and on its surface appear dark spots. This type of fungus is easily treatable because of its penetration is shallow in the tissue of the nail plate.
The common symptoms of the defeat of the nail by a fungus are:
- after infection, the fungal spores are distributed on the fingers and even the feet;
- occurs an unpleasant odor and increased sweating (if the fungus on the legs);
- in the process of wearing tight shoes felt a sharp pain;
- the skin on the legs blushes and occurs itching and burning;
- in an operating state of the skin appear small aqueous and inflammation of the blisters;
- subsequently, the bubbles burst, leaving it on the skin deep open wounds;
- septic fluid enters the healthy tissues, to infect;
- occurs the detachment of the nail plate;
- the empty space is filled by bacteria and fungi. the detachment of the nail from the lodge.
The detachment of the nail from the lodge
It is important! If you ignore the first signs of onychomycosis, the pathology acquires a chronic form for a very short period of time. Most of the care of patients with distinctive signs of the disease, and only because it brings a great discomfort.
The main causes of the
The main cause of infection of the nail by a fungus, direct contact with an infected person, his shoes, cosmetics, or nail machines in the beauty salons, baths, sports halls. This is why most often the fungus infects the nails on the feet - it is this part of the body in contact with the ground wet in the showers and swimming pools. But not worth it to argue that any person who went to a sauna, for sure infected onychomycosis. The spores of fungi is almost certainly able to impress the body weakened, the immunity of which is not capable of fighting off pathogenic organisms.
In addition, experts highlight a number of factors contributing to the risk of infection:
- non-observance of rules of personal hygiene;
- trauma to the skin (cuts, abrasion);
- increased sweating of the feet;
- the violation of the activity of the thyroid, GASTROINTESTINAL organs;
- renal and pathology;
- diabetes mellitus;
- the form is a chronic onychomycosis of the senior members.
In the group of risk also includes smoking and alcohol abuse. These dependencies reduce the protective function of the body and leave it vulnerable to infection.
The danger of the disease
Launched the form of onychomycosis is very dangerous to humans, therefore the condition to be treated. It will not in and of itself, in the absence of literacy, the use of funds against late blight. The fungus will only spread and infect all the major sites.
In the majority of cases occurring complications dangerous:
- reduction of the forces immune of the body;
- increased susceptibility to infections and viruses;
- the pathogens of the plate to penetrate into the blood, affecting the internal organs;
- the inflammation of the mucous membrane;
- increases the risk of developing eczema and dermatitis;
Therefore, the fungus secretes toxic substances, toxic to the organism as a whole and it causes him a serious prejudice. Serious complications may occur in diabetes, and bronchial asthma. Experts assert that the infection by a fungus, is an excellent conductor for the other, even more dangerous infections.
It is important! The main danger of the terminal phase of the onychomycosis — the transformation in cancer, gangrene up to the death of tissues of the member. It must be remembered that the time used drugs can save man from death!
There is a simple way of recognition of mold in the home:
- Prepare a basin with warm water.
- Add a little potassium permanganate (potassium permanganate) to the water colour in purple.
- Lower hands or feet in the basin up to the full steam cooking;
- Carefully examine the nails: septic surface will remain unpainted.
After identification, you must treat the nail fungus and the surrounding land of the skin with hydrogen peroxide. Do not delay visiting a dermatologist.
During a doctor's visit is assigned a special microbiological test (scraping of the farms of the nail), after which it will be obvious to know what type of fungus has become the cause of the defeat of the patient. In some cases, we see a mixed defeat of several species.
During the terminal phase of the fungus mono-therapy ineffective. Local products to be used in conjunction with the pills. As an option, you can use the popular treatment.
An effective treatment of the pathology must be complete. For this, you need to:
- completely eliminate the contact with a surface: stop gym, steam bath, swimming pool;
- disinfect all the shoes or change it again;
- a visit to a dermatologist;
- review the power supply: remove the yeast of bread, milk and sugar products;
- in addition to the medicines to use folk remedies.
It is important to remember that launched the form onychomycosis is treated long enough, a few months to a year.
Themselves anti-fungal, tablets may not manage with the fungus, it is why it should be used in conjunction with ointments and creams.
If, after the application of these drugs to the desired effect does not occur, you must pass the examination and pass additional examinations.
In conjunction with the use of tablets and exterior installations of nail fungus ensures the desired result.
All means of local destination should apply in the same way:
- Clean and dry the surface of the nail.
- Maximum cutting and sawing.
- Disinfect the tools after the processing of each nail.
- The tool is used regularly and in full compliance with the instructions.
All the means prescribed by the physician, it should not take less than prescribed time delay to prevent recurrence of the pathology with all its complications.
In most cases, the use of the tablets in its advanced form of the disease affects the immunity of the person. The body weakens and becomes more vulnerable to infections. Therefore, it is necessary to also take immunomodulators and vitamins. Their lack contributes to the formation of the increase in the number of leukocytes, disruption of the activity of the endocrine system and the development of cancer tumors.
Onychomycosis — infectious pathology. Its course, as well as the speed of treatment depend on the condition of immunity. If it is adequate, the pathology going on in a short time, and subsequently, the recurrence is not.
In the treatment of yeast infection a supplement is the compulsory removal of the affected area or the entire nail. There are three ways:
- The use of specific tools for the exfoliation of the plate. To completely remove the need for 4-5 procedures. The removal of the mechanical method should proceed with an experienced technician, the disposition of which there has always of nozzles of different diameters and rigidity.
- The laser ablation. Takes place in stationary conditions. Represents the impact of a laser beam on the plate of an infected nail. Under the influence of high temperatures fungus entirely perished; and the healthy tissues remain intact. Contra-indications to the treatment by the laser are epilepsy, pregnancy, oncology, skin pathology and the violation of the activity of the endocrine system.
- The surgical removal. The more radical in the way of the remove of the nail. The procedure is performed by a specialist of the local application of the narcosis. After this, for a week, you have all day to do the ligation.
You get rid of the form nglige of nail fungus is impossible. But in addition to the traditional therapy, it is recommended to use the remedies.
The procedure is done before bedtime: the affected area or washing with soap and lightly sprinkle with salt, and then attach a sterile bandage. The effect is visible after a few days.
You must take the powder of the plant and grind into powder. Add the iodine and mix until the formation of a suspension. Use in a compress every day for 10 days. Instead of iodine, you can use tea tree oil (natural antiseptic).
This ancient method of treatment of the smoke should be in the infection of several fingernails. Need to burn a piece of cotton cloth and wait until it will simply exit. Repay and the fumigation of the dead nail. They are quite quickly fall away from the faith, and in their place the regrowth of health.
A glass of kidney pour 500 ml of vodka and leave to macerate for a week. Use as a poultice for maximum softening of the nail to remove it.
Cut the clove of garlic and to treat the nail and the surrounding tissues. For best effect, it is recommended to drink before eating garlic dye. The result will be visible within the first week.
Pre-steam the feet or hands in a solution of potassium permanganate. Then prepare the medicine: mix the chopped propolis and alcohol. The paste was applied to the diseased nail, and secure it with a bandage. The band-pass every day.
Mix the vinegar with the glycerin in a ratio of 1:1. Received a solution to treat infected nails three times a day. After application for 20 minutes and then wear socks (if surprised of the leg). Use every day for three weeks.
The hydrogen peroxide
It is an excellent antiseptic, disinfectant surface, but does not kill the fungus. Used in the adjuvant setting. To do this, you must moisten a cotton swab into the tool and apply it on the nail, to fasten a bandage for 30-40 minutes. Then dry the surface to be treated and the remedy. It must be done 2 times per day, with an interval of 12 hours until complete healing.
Tea tree oil
Due to good properties against the elimination of molds, the oil can quickly get rid of yeast infection. For this, it is necessary to apply on the nails two times per day, pre-held in a solution of vinegar.
The slice of lemon to attach to the nail, to attach the band and put all of the night. Repeat every day until the regrowth of the complete new nail.
The decoupling in soda solution, it is recommended to perform prior to each use of any therapeutic tool. This is necessary to accelerate the penetration of active substances in the nail and the blocking of the spores of downy mildew.
To do this, you must do the following:
- Rub it on a grater with large holes soap.
- Place it in a basin of hot water.
- Add the baking soda and drop it in the solution of the leg (by hand), about a half-hour.
- Then, wipe off the members, saw contaminated area and treat with medicines.
The tool is used as a compress. Pre-treat the nails salicylic ointment or any moisturizing cream. A piece of the plant to join them on the affected area of the nail, wrap with cellophane and leave it on all night. In the morning, you can remove the nail plate.
It is a natural antiseptic. On the pre-steamed the nail to attach a cotton pad soaked with oil. Withstand a half-hour. Use all the days up to the regrowth of new nail.
To minimize the risk of contamination of the fungal spores, it is recommended to follow a number of simple prevention activities:
- only use personal shoes and socks;
- when buying new shoes try only in the socks;
- all of the days to dry and clean the shoes of the street;
- private access to the towel, and nails of a toilet;
- carefully wipe off the members after each visit, a bath or a shower;
- strengthen immunity;
- regularly treat the nails with iodine or hydrogen peroxide (especially in front of the pool);
- do not use false nails;
- regularly disinfect all the things, and the shoes, if the house lives an infected person.
The respect of all the advice of your doctor can help you to get rid of nail fungus for 6 to 12 months.